9th CUP : Summary and Suggestions (part 2)

9th CUP, such a stressful day. The Evaluation Day

February 7th
Satit Rajabhat School, which is my practicum school is the last school that Ms. Nok and Mr. Trawat visited to assess. 

We will teach at Kindergarten 3/1 on 10 a.m. Ms. Wasinee as the supervisor will also assess us. 
For the teaching prochedure, In preparatory activity or introduction step I ask the student to see the picture and guess what the picture, I also prepared the fun games. In fun games activity I ask the students to arrange the puzzle. In main activity, I mention the name of the part of the tree and explain about the function, the sudents repeat after me and then I correct the pronunciation. After that I played the song and video about tree and its color. For the application or evaluation I give the students the worksheet, they have to fill the blank box with the name of part of the tree.

For the time management, because it’s a team teaching practice. Me and my team divided the time into three, 10 minutes for the preparatory and fun games activity, 15 minutes for main activity and 25 minutes for the evaluation. 
We devided the students into 3 groups with seven to eight students in each groups and one teacher so we can observe and organize easily.

The weakness when I taught is about communication and managing the classroom. I used so many gestures and simple word to make the students understand. The teacher also give some tips that we have prepare so many videos, if the students are already finished do their worksheet teacher can play the video so the students will focusing and not disturbing the other friends.

When I am teaching, I walk around the class to see the students if they have a question and to make sure that all students understand about the vocabularies. I also ask students one by one about the question to see them whether they can answer it completely or not. I also only focusing on one group so I can answer and explain more to them if there’s something they don’t understand.

After the evaluation, Ms. Nok ask the three of us how we feel during our time in Thailand, how's the food, the house, the school, and the buddy. What places that we have visited, are we enjoying our time in Thailand, and many more.
It feels so nice after we share to Ms. Nok about what we feel. Ms. Nok just like our mother in Thailand, she's so caring and make sure that we are comfortable duirng our pre-service time.

February 8th
Today is Market day for Anuban or Kindergarten. Early in the morning the teacher and the students already prepare the display, the foods, and other thing they need for the market. The market day opened by the Mr. director, Mr. Charlemkeit. On the market day, the students learn how to do the transaction, how to buy and sell things like in the real market. So many foods are sold in the market day. 
They have ice cream, Som tam, crab stick, juices and many more. The students have to pay with the money that the teacher already gave.





Summary and Suggestions (par 2)

The challenges of practicum 
The biggest challenges of the practicum is Language barrier, even though the students are interesting and excited to learn English but it is so hard to explain and make them understand English.  


Overall impression 
My impressions after teaching in Thailand are the teacher and the people in Thailand they are very humble and welcoming us warmly. The students are so polite, they don’t afraid with the new teacher. Even though it is very hard communicate with the teacher and the students they are all try to understand me.

The students also taught me how they are respects other, they love me like I am their own teacher.


Suggestions for future improvement
My suggestion for future improvement to myself are I have to learn Thailand language so I can communicate with the teachers and the students and I can learn more about the Thai culture and teaching methods in Thailand.  I also have to learn more about how to manage the classroom with the foreign students so I am not nervous and shaking in front of the class

To be Continue...

Comments

Popular Posts